The pets can be our best friends. They are parts of our family. There are many types of pets you can adopt, from the most common (dogs and cats) to the more exotic, like snakes or tarantulas.
Because each species is different and requires different care, today we will give you ten tips to protect the health of your pet. Keep reading.
1. Avoid constantly load: Try to resist this temptation, because his or her body is very delicate. If you do, first placed a hand on her back and another under the chest, lift it with both hands and hold it close to your body to make it feel safe.
2. Schedule for pets’ needs: Establish a regular routine of feeding. If it is a dog, take it out frequently for a walk to meet their needs, especially when you wake up. If you see him walking in circles or whining near the door, they are signs that they need to be outdoors quickly. In the case of cats, remember that they defecate in the sand, which must be changed every five days.
3. Look after your health: Regular brushing is essential for young dogs because it removes dead hair, dirt, and parasites. Also, it stimulates blood supply to the skin, which creates a healthier coat and shiny. Uses a special team for this action.
As for the bath, do it only when he needs it, because too many bathes may remove essential oils from the skin, making it duller and less waterproof. To do this, use a bathtub or shower, warm water, and a quality shampoo. Rub, trying not to get water in your eyes and ears. Dry it thoroughly with a towel and make sure your pet is completely dry.
4. Supervise your teeth and chewing: To help out all his teeth and stop biting furniture, your puppy will need some indestructible object such as a rubber bone or ball to chew. Make sure these products are sized so that can not swallow. Avoid real bones as they can splinter and suffocate. To control tartar and plaque, it is advisable to nourish it with a dry food because it will help loosen the teeth and thus speed up the teething process. If your puppy’s mouth is very sensitive, soften the water submerging food first.
5. Proper health care. By adopting a pet, you must take control of visits to the specialist. In the case of puppies, they are susceptible to any contagious disease, so it is advisable to make an early visit to the vet. The first vaccines will be administered as 6-8 weeks. For full protection, you must return it to the vet to administer multiple injections.
6. Diet and exercise. They are vital to the welfare of your pet, especially if it is a dog or a cat. Being very playful and energetic, you should make sure you do the exercise right. It is also responsible for giving the animal the nutrition you need from the beginning.
7. Learn to detect diseases: Often, you think your pet is not feeling well, and a quick visit to the vet will help you confirm that something is not right. Some symptoms include loss of appetite, rejection of water, sudden decrease or increase in weight, slowness or refusal to play, frequent urination or slim, soft or bloody stools, vomiting, excessive salivation or breathing irregular.
8. Train him: No one likes a disobedient and uncontrolled dog, so to adopt it, you can start with your workout. One of the first things they should know is to recognize its name. Use it as often as you can to get your attention: when you congratulate him and when you feed.
9. Identify it. Accustom your dog to wear a necklace from the beginning. After a while, add a short leash and light and lose yourself in it without pulling it for a few days. The aim is to accustom you to walk without pulling. If you run or is delayed, a gentle tug is all you need to do. Stay close to him to not feel like loose.
10. Travel with your pet: Life can be very complicated if your dog is not used to traveling by car. First, try to make small paths 5 to 10 minutes every other day, and gradually increase the duration of travel until you feel comfortable.
When you adopt a puppy, he is restless and wants to explore their new surroundings. Not leave him alone for a long time, need your attention and affection during the first days.
Now, enjoy your pet and remember that good food and a dose of exercise right will allow you to live a long and healthy life. And you, how do you pamper your pet? To get more tips for caring for your pet, visit petsinlive.com